Monday, May 9, 2011




So I wanted to go the whole 48 hours without blogging, and write on the total experience as a whole. I have to admit I hate not being able to use my smartphone for all the reasons I can. It honestly makes my life so much easier, I am pretty sure I would be more frustrated, and stressed without it. Now that's just my smartphone, on the other side of the fence I was also unable to listen to music? This is what killed me the most. I cracked the first day after about ten hours without music in my car aor at home I had to play a few songs to release what I feel. releases stress. I couldn't believe that after two days friends had messaged me on facebook and tumblr asking if I was okay? Makes me feel horrible, considering keeping off of facebook for only two days would cause that. Facebook and social networking sites are not all that important to me. Although I do love my tumblr ,with being able to post pictures along with what I have to say on a certain subject. You can get such good feedback, and when it's someone who appreciates what you appreciate, you appreciate it that much more. Through all the difficulty I encountered this weekend with the not being able to use simple media I learned that you can't take things for granted. The things we are able to do now are phenomenal compared to the longated processes our elders had to go through. Without the use of media in my life I don't think I would be able to be AS succesful as I am. (I would still be succesful) The ability to multitask and handle communication in so many effective ways through a device that I can keep in pocket is something I can't give up. I wouldn't say that my generation is under educated. I would say that's much too broad of a statement. It depends solely on the person and the education system he/she was brought up in. I, personally enjoyed reading as a child and the love followed me into my adult life. I genuinely believe that I owe my vocabulary and excellent grammar skills to my love of reading. Media and technology just allows me to accomplish much more much faster and what is wrong with that? I say nothing! With that said let the techies use the media and tecnology to their advantage!




P.S. Although it was a great learning experience I will never agree to a media deprivation again!

No comments:

Post a Comment