Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 2

I had good intentions when I woke up Sunday morning because of mother's day and all, but Sunday was actually worse than Saturday. It might have been the combination of being out of town and having no media but I just wanted to get home! I woke up kind of early and got ready, but then after that is was just complete boredom! I honestly slept majority of the day. After I got dressed I went to sit in the living room with no TV and feel asleep. Then I woke up to eat lunch and went back to sleep afterwards. I do not know how long I was asleep but by the time I woke up it was time for us to get ready to go home. I will admit I did cheat on Sunday. I had to send out happy mother's day texts to people and on Facebook. When we finally got home it was really quite for awhile because I could not watch TV in my room and my parents did not turn on their TV till later. I wrote in my journal again that night and I actually read a little bit of a book I like. Overall I think having completely no media make me crabby because I am so bored, but I did realize that there are some things I could cut back on... I do not need to be watching TV all the time and I can go without my phon and Ipod. There are so many other things I should be doing that I do not do because I get so caught up watching Tv or on my phone or on my Ipod. I did not like this project at all and I thought it would go a lot better, but I did learn that media does consume my life and I do need to separate myslef from some of that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment