Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 1 Sunday

Sunday I thought was going to be a pretty easy day to go without mass media, I was very wrong! At the beginning of the day I was doing well. It started off with waking up and bringing my mom her mothers day card. I thought not using my alarm I would actually be able to sleep in but it didn't happen. After giving her the card we went out into the back yard for about a few hours to check on her plants, we just sat out side and talked. I would have to say that the hardest type of mass media to go without today was the television, I worked 28 hours Friday and Saturday combined I really just wanted to watch a movie and not move for 10 hours. My mother turned the television on and it was how to lose a guy in ten days, and yes I watched it. Then after I went to HEB which took about an hour off my day because it was busy. I was very proud of myself I didn't get on the computer or my cell phone all day! I normally have my cell phone attached to my hand 24 hours a day. It turned out fairly easy for me to not even have my phone near me. When I did finally look at it I had several missed calls and text messages. The only one I answered was my manager at my job because clearly it was job related. Listing to music in the car was one form I thought I couldn't go without, I never rode in the car alone so it wasn't really hard to deal without. It wasn't really hard to unjust to not being able to use mass media, other than when I had to use it for work. If I couldn't use it for my boss to get a hold of me it would be very hard to know when I come in. I work at a bakery and normally when they need extra help they will call me in a extra day that week. It would not only affect me and getting money if I couldn't use my phone it would also affect my job and things getting done. After my mom and I came back from HEB my family showed up with my grandmother. We always spend holidays together, even the little ones. My uncle loves being out side so most of the rest of the day we spent outside in the shade, and looking at my mother garden. They both tried to explain what was growing in my back yard, It so hard to understand plant names. I would have to say my relationship with others was good this day because I was around my family. If I was alone during the day with out mass media it would of been a lot more difficult to go without.

No comments:

Post a Comment