Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 2

Today began as my normal routine on a typical workday. As opposed to using my phone for an alarm clock I decide to use my old alarm clock in order to stay away from that from of media. When I was awakened by my alarm I headed downstairs and ate breakfast at the table, No TV, no music, just time to think and talk with my mom. Not watching sports center before I headed to my sports affiliated job was difficult, I might add. As I loaded up for work I placed my phone in my pocket for emergency reasons to follow the guidelines. On my way to work I rolled the windows down as it was a cool morning and just listened to the ways of the road. I must say I enjoy listening to the radio more than the wind but this is all a learning experience, right? It was painful this morning, though. Today I worked from 9:00am to 6:30pm. I work at Team Express which is a business that takes sales orders over the phone and online for various sports teams and individual orders. It is obviously difficult to stay out of the media (phone and computer) in order to complete my job tasks but for today I only used these medias for this purpose only. I usually get on my phone in between calls and on my lunch break and today I had to refrain from doing so (which made for a very boring solo lunch break). Not being able to do anything while I was in between a call or order also made for a very slow day. However, to keep my self busy I went to my truck and removed some homework from my backpack and in between calls I worked on Accounting. Now, I must say, this was a plus to this assignment! As opposed to getting updated on sports and surfing the web and or playing games I got homework done while getting paid! J Not too shabby if you ask me. But, I still like my media!

No comments:

Post a Comment