Monday, May 9, 2011

day 2

My Sunday started out better than most. I woke up to the smell of freshly fried bacon and I didn’t have to do anything all day. I was not used to this amount of free time. I guess it was my cross to bear. But, it was mother’s day and I had to do something. So what do you do for mom on Mother’s Day when you can’t use any media? Exactly, you take her to the lake to party with all of her friends and their families. Did I know anybody? No. But, who cares? I was there for the same reason as everybody else to have a good time. I met a couple characters and good times were had by all. The clock had reached three o’clock in the pm, and I had managed to not break any rules I was proud of myself. Then my phone started vibrating. I broke. I had to check to see what it could be. It’s my brother needing a helping hand to move out of his dorm… in college station. With the offer of my gas being reimbursed, I couldn’t really say no. After packing the truck for the trip, I realized not using the radio will be a test of wills on my part. While leaving the San Antonio city limits, I got to thinking about life, more specifically my life and what I was going to do with it. I was currently undecided in my academic pursuits. I knew what I liked and what I didn’t like. But, the drive for one particular field was just not in me. So I spent the better part of the trip to College Station trying to think deep down for the career that would make me most happy. I can’t say that I pin pointed it but I got pretty close. I must thank my professor for the sound of wind for four hours. After I helped my brother move, it was time to head back. It was one in the morning, technically Monday, so I drove home with the music blasting the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment