Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 2

Monday was my last day to go without mass media. Doing this assignment was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I love watching television and movies so that was the hardest part of it all. On Monday I started it off by going to the gym, which was really hard because I normally listen to my music when I do my workout. Not being able to listen to my music while doing my work out really messed me up. I felt like I couldn't do anything as long as I normally do. They did have the television going while I was working out, but I couldn't see far enough to read it because the sound was turned off. After the gym I went out to lunch with a few friends and my boyfriend. We then went to fast eddies and played some pool and darts. The easiest part was not being on my Facebook or my phone. I don't really like a lot of people to bother me on my days of anyways so it wasn't hard to not look at my phone. I only answered or check for work calling or my mom calling because she freaks out if I don't answer. After we went to fast eddies we hung out at my house for a little we played cards and relaxed. I saw a few old friends I have not hung out with in a while and they came by to see my cats kittens the rest of the night consisted of hanging out with the cats. I can honestly say I could not give up music for the second day in my car, I drove around a lot and in traffic and I had to have the radio on because if not I get frustrated. Music tends to calm me down. I don't see how we could change up our living standards if we had to go without mass media. Living without mass media or technology for two days makes me happy I didn't grow up without it, things would of been a lot more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment