Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 1

Friday wasn't too bad, at work I almost started rambling to guest about whatever I could come up with but overall it went well. I'm going to be honest, I still had to use my phone to wake up, my little hello kitty alarm clock won't do the trick. I need that clock and 5 other alarms on my phone! After waking up for work I had to stay clear of listening to music and putting a movie on for background noise. I was about to but quickly rememberd that silence was going to be keeping me company.  No music in the car on the way to work, which I've done before so it wasn't a big deal. However, once at work, it was a different story. I'm sure many of you have been to Buffalo Wild Wings, and know that it's walls are surrounded with flat T.V screens and music blasting out the juke box. So going into work, I just had to tune out the music, not look at the T.V's and keep busy. My manager asked my friend John and I to go pick a song to put into the juke box and as much as I wanted to suggest one of The Stroke's song, I had to walk away. As far as cellphone use went, I put it on silent so I wouldn't be tempted to text friends whenever I got the chance. I did use my phone to call my friends when we were deciding where to go for the night. Notice, call them not text them. The night time wasn't too bad, yeah we went to places where the had music and t.v's but I just focused on getting that face to face time with friends and having a good time.
So here I come day two, let's see how this goes!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, sounds like you could've really indulged in mass media while working at BWW but I really commend you for trying not to. I've been there before and it's a multimedia experience all right, so being exposed to the music and sporting events is a given. It also sounds like you maybe worked a little harder because of your efforts to ignore all that mass media, so I'm sure your boss appreciated that, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete